Re: [Help-bash] Option execfail does not work in subshells

From: R. Diez
Subject: Re: [Help-bash] Option execfail does not work in subshells
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 15:08:37 +0200

There does not seem to be a valid reason for execfail to not work in a
subshell. Should I create a bug for this? (I am assuming that there is a
public bug tracker for Bash).

This has been the case for so long there is probably code that depends on
it. I'm reluctant to change it now in the absence of a compelling reason
to do so.

In my opinion, this is not really the best way to handle bug reports.

Could you at least update the documentation to mention that execfail does not work at all in subshells?

I'll take a look.

OK, thanks,
 rdiez