[Help-bash] What are the differences between bundled and separate readli

From: Richard Michael
Subject: [Help-bash] What are the differences between bundled and separate readline?
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 16:26:05 -0400

Hello,

I became curious about the version of readline bundled with bash. As
lib/readline/ChangeLog is not up to date, I compared commit logs for
both projects.  It appears they are very similar, but there are
occasional differences.

Are there differences which would be compelling enough to link bash
against the standalone readline?  (I'm not asking about reasons to
have a statically linked bash executable, but rather about the
functionality of readline itself.)

Thank you,
Richard