Re: Label problems

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Label problems
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:44:17 +0100

At 23:01 -0800 2001/10/31, ROLAND wrote:
>The problems occur when I try to get an input
>file through the newly build executable. It only
>happens with one of my files, but that's because it's
>the only file which contains 'labels' longer than 7
>chracters.
> The errors occured in both the
>BISON/LEX and BISON/FLEX combination.
>If you still think, the problem is in FLEX, please
>explain to me why, 'cause I think it's in BISON (I'm
>pretty sure right now...).

The parser that Bison generates never reads a file, but merely processes
the numbers and semantic values that the lexer hands over to it. So if you
have a problem in how lexemes are handled (like a cutoff at seven
characters), that cannot be a problem in Bison.

So it is not possible to guess what is going on, unless you give at least
some extra information about it.

  Hans Aberg