Re: How to change default outcome of shift/reduce conflict?

From: Anthony DeRobertis
Subject: Re: How to change default outcome of shift/reduce conflict?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:24:58 +0100

On Friday, January 18, 2002, at 07:32 AM, Hans Aberg wrote:

> All LR(n) grammars, n > 1, can be rewritten as LR(1) (to a grammar
> producing the same language) and even to LR(0) if each sentence
> is followed
> by an end marker, see Robin Hunter, "Compilers", sec. 5.2.

That's interesting. Somehow, I bet that statement should be
followed by "...though you may not want to." I'm guessing that
it's done by explicitly creating the states that an LR(n)
generator would of made itself.

Would you recommend I add that book to my collection? It appears
it is out of print, but Barnes & Noble claims they can get me a
(used) copy.