Re: HyperTalk Grammar, Again

From: Anthony DeRobertis
Subject: Re: HyperTalk Grammar, Again
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 01:31:07 -0500

Hans Aberg writes:
  FOLLOW(part_descr) = {INTEGER, OF, BUTTON}
Since OF is in this set, there is no way to distinguish between items (1)
and (2) above by looking at the following token alone.

Ugh. Which is exceptionally annoying, because it is obvious that there isn't a real conflict here....
But I tend to think that you have not thought sufficiently about how OF
should appropriately be put into your grammar.

How else can I put it into the grammar, since I need to be able to do things like "button 1 of card 1" and just "button 1"?