Re: Newbie question - yyval problems

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Newbie question - yyval problems
Date: 20 May 2002 11:16:00 +0200

>>>>> "Boris" == Boris Köster <address@hidden> writes:

Boris> Using FreeBSD 4.5 stable,

Shouldn't matter, but...

Boris> 2 bottles of milk and a lot of fish´n chips since 2 days now.

What version?  :)

Boris> %} %s paramscan assopscan valuescan eolscan PARAMETER

Consider using Flex' %x, it is much more pleasant than Lex' %s.

Boris> Problem description: yyval is not working

Sure it does!  The only problem is that Bison doesn't care about it:
it wants yylval (*L*).

Boris> and I have no results in bison. After parsing I get a "jammed"
Boris> lexer.

Well, Flex' documentation gives quite a hint wrt this:

`flex scanner jammed'
     a scanner compiled with `-s' has encountered an input string which
     wasn't matched by any of its rules.  This error can also occur due
     to internal problems.

If that's not enough, please refer to address@hidden