Re: Re: Grammars and jumps

From: Bribeiro
Subject: Re: Re: Grammars and jumps
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 22:59:14 +0200

Thank you very much!

I found the book:

http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/Papers/pj-lester-book/

Do you know any other reference about function and sub implementation,
using bison/yacc/etc.?

Bruno.

>2) I'm trying to implement a function like:
>
>A = B + FAT(3) + C
>
>But when I jump yyacc to the position of FAT(3), I have to know the
>return position (+ C). There's a way for retrieve the current position
>of yyin (before jump)?

One is not doing that way, trying to make the parser jumping. Instead one
builds a parser tree or "closure" using the actions, which is executed
after the parser has been terminated (or finished suitable parsing blocks).
There was a thread here recently "speed-up parsing"; check the Help Bison
archive:

Hans Aberg