bison.simple

From: Ingram, Charles D.
Subject: bison.simple
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:32:42 -0700

I am trying to build bison 1.21, but really need bison 1.21-8.  I realize
this is an older version, but this is what I need.
The build goes well, up to the point in the make that it produces a
bison.simple error.
With GNUmake, I get the error:
        GNUmake: ** No rule to make target "bison.simple", needed by
'bison.s1'. Stop
With make I get the error:
        Make: Don't know how to make bison.simple. Stop
After this, the build halts.
I looked on the web and found someone else had the same problem.  I found
it at:
        http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/379/1997/6/100/2077404/
which was dated 1997.  This indicates the same problem, but no answer!!

My questions to are:
1 -     Do you know how to solve this bison.simple problem, or how to find
the answer to the 1997 question?

2 -     On the GNU web site ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bison/, the earliest
versin of bison is 1.25.
        Do you know where I can download bison 1.21-8?

Thank You, in advance, for any help you may offer,
Charlie

Charles Dean Ingram
Northrup Grumman IT
540-644-2154