Re: Help Wanted

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Help Wanted
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:46:29 +0100

At 15:47 +0530 2003/02/12, Ramneek Handa wrote:
>Hi all,
>  I have a task in hand for which i am required to reverse engineer c++
>header files. Following is briefly what is required:
>1. To find out various classes in the header.
>2. To find out the various member functions inside each class.
>3. To find out the parent class of each class(inherited from).
>4. To find out various parameters for each function.

It might be better to ask this question in some of the Usenet newsgroups:
perhaps comp.compilers, comp.c++.moderated, comp.std.c++.

I think my C++ compiler produces the information you want into a special
debugger format while building the output objective code. So it might be
easier for you to get hold of a C++ compiler of which you have the sources
(say GCC) and modify that, than to write your own grammar. -- C++ is a very
complicated language, and hard to get right.

  Hans Aberg