No destructors called after a successful parse!

From: Ricardo Rafael
Subject: No destructors called after a successful parse!
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 19:23:20 +0100

Hi,

I have been developing a script compiler to be run as server side reentrant process. I in the last devoping stage where I am debugging and removing all memory leaks. I am using Flex 2.5.4 (to generate C++ classes) and Bison 1.875 (to generate C reentrant code). I am also using the %destructor syntax.

By running the debugger and using some breakpoints, today I came to the conclusion that the "destructors" aren't called at all when there is no syntax error. They are only called in case of a syntax error! Is this the correct way? Shouldn't Bison (well the generated code) call the destructors after a successful parsing?

Please, don't tell me that I have "manually" invoke de deallocating code in (almost) every Bison action rule! :(

Sincerely,

Ricardo Rafael.