RE: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error

From: Jacques Dejean
Subject: RE: ftpcmd.y -- syntax error
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:17:46 -0400

Hello Alfonso,

When I use the pre-built binary such as wu-ftpd-2.6.1-18.iX86.rpm (either
i386, i586, or i686),
I get a list of required dependencies.  One particular dependency is
/etc/pam.d/system-auth.
I have searched the mailing lists for a working solution.  Even by
duplicating the /etc/pam.d/login file to /etc/pam.d/system-auth and adding
the "service=system-auth" option, the install "rpm -I
wu-ftpd-2.6.2.iX86.rpm' still fails.

Any suggestions?

BTW, with the wu-ftpd-2.6.2-8.i386.rpm, I get similar dependency errors.

I appreciate your assistance.

Regards,
Jacques V. Dejean
Lead Systems Administrator, CSA - HPUX