Re: Bison version 1.875e available for testing

From: Laurence Finston
Subject: Re: Bison version 1.875e available for testing
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:58:13 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Akim Demaille wrote:

>  > Does this make it possible to declare local automatic
>  > variables in `yyparse()'?
>
> Nope.  To a similar end you are expected to use %parse-param.

That's what I do.  The CWEB section
address@hidden declarations for rules@>' contains code that extracts the
values from the parameter.  It just seems a bit wasteful to do this in
every rule, as well as cluttering up my code.  For non-threaded
applications it would suffice to use static variables local to the
compilation unit for `yyparse()', but this won't work with threads.

Laurence