Question about "Conditions for Using Bison" in Bison 2.0 documentation

From: Michel Rosien
Subject: Question about "Conditions for Using Bison" in Bison 2.0 documentation
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:28:43 +0100

Hello,

I have read the "Conditions for Using Bison" on page 3 of the Bison 2.0 documentation.
The first lines say:

<quote>
As of Bison version 1.24, we have changed the distribution terms for yyparse to permit using Bison's output in nonfree programs when Bison is generating C code for LALR(1) parsers
<end quote>

Does this mean that this only applies when using the skeleton file yacc.c and that this NOT applies when using the skeleton files glr.c or lalr1.cc? This would mean that you can not make glr parsers (%glr-parser) or c++ parsers if you want to use the output in nonfree programs.

The last lines of the "Conditions for using Bison" mention:
<quote>
You can tell whether the exception applies to your '.c' output file by inspecting it to see whether it says
"As a special exception, when this file is copied by Bison into a Bison output file, you may use that output file without restriction."
<end quote>

If I inspect the skeleton files yacc.c , glr.c and lalr1.cc I see that only yacc.c contains this text.

Is this correct? If so, could you explain why this distinction is made?

Regards,

--Michel