Re: Wrong system setup causes shift/reduce conflict

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Wrong system setup causes shift/reduce conflict
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:13:48 +0200

On 24 Aug 2005, at 05:50, Tobias Gerschner wrote:

I've recently setup a buildserver dedicated for automatically building RPM's
via some scripts and mach.
If I built the package locally on my laptop everything wents fine.
But if I use the buildserver bison quits with an shift/reduce and also an I/O-error , can somebody give me an hint what I need to change at my system
so it's going to work flawlessly ?

Bison doesn't quit on conflicts, but issues a warning. So perhaps you do not have M4, which is used to generate the parser files, installed on your system. Shift/reduce conflicts can sometimes be resolved using token precedences; look at the tokens before and after the "." in the .output file.

  Hans Aberg