Re: %destructor feedback

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: %destructor feedback
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 13:49:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Akim Demaille wrote:

>  >> - we desire a warning about typed $n not used in the actions.
>
>  > Yes, that sounds reasonable.  My assumption is that a missing action
>  > continues to be treated as { $$ = $1; }, so for missing actions Bison
>  > would warn about typed $2, $3, etc., not used but would not warn about
>  > typed $1 not used.
>
> I installed the following.  I spent quite a lot of time debugging
> these lines:

Thanks for doing this.  I'm glad I didn't have to figure all this out.

Would it be worthwhile to warn about unmentioned typed $$ as well?

I noticed you're not defining any sort of public YYUSE.  Leaving it up to
the user is fine with me.  Is this your long term plan, or have you just
not dealt with it yet?

Joel