Re: usage $0 (was warning: unused value: $3)

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: usage $0 (was warning: unused value: $3)
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 23:49:17 +0200

On 26 Oct 2006, at 16:49, address@hidden wrote:

be guaranteed, in view of that Bison is switching to other types of
containers than an underlying array.
but should the container still support the $0 notation ?
that did not come out right, should have read
...but surely the new containers will have to support the $0 notation ?

The warning stuff tricked me into thinking there was something funny with $0... :-)

My memory is hazy, so you will have to wait for the developers with
the full story.
ok, I will wait.

Just go ahead. There should be no problem within a single action. Between actions, the stack may be relocated though, but then the value has been changed. Or so I think.

But Joel Denny is right: one should be able to do this without mid- rule actions. Probably makes no practical difference, though.

btw, is help-bison the right list for this kind of discussions ?

Yes. If it gets to featuritis, one may move to Bug-Bison. Actual code goes to Bison-Patches.

  Hans Aberg