Re: Error recovery in C++ with Bison 2.3

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Error recovery in C++ with Bison 2.3
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 12:55:58 +0100

On 2 Jan 2007, at 23:04, Bill Lear wrote:

I have written a rather extensive parser in C++, using Bison 2.3,
basing it on the example, calc++, provided with the Bison distribution.

I would like to be able to recover from simple errors in the input
file by making note of them, providing a warning, and continuing on.
    CLASS PID;
    CLASS POD;

but fails on this:

    CLASS pid;

Since you do not detail much, it us hard to tell. But the Bison manual has an example how to use GLR to handle certain constructs in the C++ language. Error recovery should not, LALR, be used for the parsing itself, as it is too crude.

  Hans Aberg