Re: Conflicts in large grammar

From: lfinsto1
Subject: Re: Conflicts in large grammar
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:54:28 +0200 (CEST)

> feel free to send me a copy and I will try to see if I can help you.

Thank you very much for your offer.

The package is quite large, so it would best to download it.
Instructions on downloading the source files from the repository at the
GNU Project's Savannah website can be found here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/3dldf/

The current snapshot of the distribution in the form of a tarball can also
be found here:  ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/gnu2/3dldf/3DLDFsnp.tar.gz

On a GNU/Linux system, it should install without any trouble (knock on
wood).  Not sure about other Unix-like systems.

> I also saw you have a long list of unused terminal symbols.

If I remember correctly, some of them are used in the scanner, but are
never passed to the parser.  However, it's a long time since I wrote this
code.  I've added many of the others because I plan to add rules for them.
 Adding terminal symbols requires adding code to several other files, so I
try to add all the ones I'll need when defining a new type in the 3DLDF
language at one time.  It can take a long time before I catch up with
writing the rules.

I think it may be possible to get rid of some shift/reduce conflicts by
rewriting some of the rules I wrote when I first started, before I'd
really gotten the hang of it.

Laurence