Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces

From: Joel E. Denny
Subject: Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:10:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Akim Demaille wrote:

> Le 30 sept. 07 ? 09:00, Joel E. Denny a ?crit :
>
> > > "foo::", etc.?
> >
> > This seems like an error to me.
>
> Sure!  But who should catch it?

We have facilities for the skeletons to call warn, complain, or fatal.

> Should we accept a leading ::?

I think so.  I see it as redundant but not erroneous.

> > Other than that, isn't it just a matter of splitting on "::"?  Am I
> > forgetting something?
>
> No, I don't think you do, it's just that if we start looking at
> what it contains, someday someone might complain that we generated
> invalid C++ code instead of rejecting invalid prefixes.

Well, if we document how the splitting is done, then I figure they can't
complain too much.  I certainly don't want to see Bison parse complex C++
constructs.  Let the C++ compiler catch those errors.

> And since
> you always did things perfectly well, I suspected you might want
> to go for it :)

Why thanks!

> BTW, for a start it might be very useful to use a syncline just
> before the prefix uses.

Ok.