Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: %prefix with C++ namespaces
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:06:35 +0200

On 1 Oct 2007, at 03:10, Joel E. Denny wrote:

Should we accept a leading ::?

I think so.  I see it as redundant but not erroneous.

So I thought first, but it implies a name relative the global namespace. So if the Bison generated parser file is included in a namespace, like in:
  namespace <name> { ... #include "parser.cc" ... }
the implementation would formally erroneous, as I don't think it is possible to fix it within the C++ limited module handling.

So that speaks against admitting a leading "::".

  Hans Aberg