Re: seeking help re. undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf' in yyerror

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: seeking help re. undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf' in yyerror
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:25:32 +0100

Le 3 nov. 2011 à 07:45, thiru ramakrishnan a écrit :

> Hello,

Hi Thiru,

> I just started using Bison 2.5 (on Ubuntu 9.04 - the Jaunty Jackalope).
> I get the error referred to above. I've looked in help-bison Archives and
> also searched on the Web for rpl_fprintf but don't find any info.
> Here is the relevant portion of the gcc output:
> --------
> gcc -DYYDEBUG=1    -c -o lex.yy.o lex.yy.c
> gcc -DYYDEBUG=1 -o try lex.yy.o -L/usr/local/bison/lib
> -L/usr/local/flex/lib -ly -lfl -lm
> /usr/local/bison/lib/liby.a(yyerror.o): In function `yyerror':
> /home/ramki/bison-2.5/lib/yyerror.c:27: undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> --------
> Any idea which library would have this binary?

I'm sorry it took me so long to answer.  I expect that you
had found a means to work around this issue (for the records,
the proper way to handle this is... _not_ to use liby, but
to provide your own yyerror and main).

Still, Jim Meyering just fixed this issue, see the following

This will be part of future releases of Bison.