Re: seeking help re. undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf' in yyerror

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: seeking help re. undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf' in yyerror
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:25:32 +0100

Le 3 nov. 2011 à 07:45, thiru ramakrishnan a écrit :

> Hello,

Hi Thiru,

> I just started using Bison 2.5 (on Ubuntu 9.04 - the Jaunty Jackalope).
>
> I get the error referred to above. I've looked in help-bison Archives and
> also searched on the Web for rpl_fprintf but don't find any info.
>
> Here is the relevant portion of the gcc output:
>
> --------
> gcc -DYYDEBUG=1    -c -o lex.yy.o lex.yy.c
> gcc -DYYDEBUG=1 -o try try.tab.o lex.yy.o -L/usr/local/bison/lib
> -L/usr/local/flex/lib -ly -lfl -lm
> /usr/local/bison/lib/liby.a(yyerror.o): In function `yyerror':
> /home/ramki/bison-2.5/lib/yyerror.c:27: undefined reference to `rpl_fprintf'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> --------
>
> Any idea which library would have this binary?

I'm sorry it took me so long to answer.  I expect that you
had found a means to work around this issue (for the records,
the proper way to handle this is... _not_ to use liby, but
to provide your own yyerror and main).

Still, Jim Meyering just fixed this issue, see the following
message.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bison/2012-01/msg00086.html

This will be part of future releases of Bison.

Cheers,

        Akim