Re: Security warnings when using LLVM 9

From: akim
Subject: Re: Security warnings when using LLVM 9
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2018 11:54:09 +0200

Le 2018-08-30 07:47, uxio prego a écrit :

Hi!

Dear maintainer,
I bet you already know that Bison... 2.7 up to... 3.1 I think?
Can output a PREFIX.tab.c doc so that when compiled by
LLVM 9 a security warning (see `man 3 printf`) gets
emitted.

No, I am not aware of this.  Please, make a complete bug report,
with some example, what you expect, and what you get instead.

I don't know much about LLVM, but I think they claim to be
GCC compatible.

This should be irrelevant for Bison, which aims at the C standard.

Does Bison in any way claim to be LLVM compatible?

Were you aware of such LLVM alerts? Do you want me to
share my compiler warnings?

Yes please!

Cheers!