Re: [OT] Help with bisonc++(1)

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: [OT] Help with bisonc++(1)
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:40:34 -0700

On Wed, 2018-09-12 at 17:46 +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
> Hi Kip,

Hey Akim,

> I would be very interested in knowing what features Bison++
> offers that Bison does not.  Yes, you are right, Bison generated
> C files first, and C++ was added later.  Yet, the C++ skeletons
> were designed, they are not just C code put into a C++ class.
>
> If you saw shortcomings in Bison’s C++ output, please let us
> know, and we’ll see what we can do.

It's actually been a while since I was working on my project's parser.
As you may have noticed, my post was from about a year
ago. Unfortunately it's been too long to recall any details, but if
they come to mind I will let you know.

PS I should also point out that bison++(1) and bisonc++(1) are
different with the latter more recently maintained.

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred