Re: Errors when building from source

From: Uxio Prego
Subject: Re: Errors when building from source
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 19:03:13 +0100

To whomever might concern,

I followed OP's steps while on macOS and only was able to
finish bootstrap once dirtied several `md5sum` occurrences
replacing by `md5`, in `/PATH/TO/BISON/gnulib/gnulib-tool`.

I've found that `md5sum` is part of GNU Coreutils, which I
previously had selected via Homebrew (_installed_, in
Homebrew jargon).

**For GNU Bison, am I supposed to be providing the GNU
Coreutils dependency (for Gnulib) in a way other than
Homebrew** (a standalone install… a Macports package...)?

I had a look into the Gnulib as a submodule basic docs,
and its README simply recommends to `cd doc && make
gnulib.html`, which then on my tryout yielded some `makeinfo`
errors.

Should I refer these as portability trivia at a gnulib list?