cfd.conf access control question.../cfrun question

From: John Wieczorek
Subject: cfd.conf access control question.../cfrun question
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 13:24:31 -0500

Greetings,

I am just beginning to use cfengine on a small group of machines.
I have a couple of questions...

1.  In cfd.conf, the following should allow the machine "mybox"
    to access the command defined in cfrunCommand. Correct?

######
# example cfd,conf

  control:

        domain  = ( rutgers.edu )
        cfrunCommand = ( "/usr/local/sbin/cfengine" )

#######

  admit:

        $(cfrunCommand) mybox.rutgers.edu

# end example
#######

2.  Is there a way to pass a specific filename onto cfengine with the
cfrun command?
    As it is, cfrun causes cfengine to parse cfengine.conf, but I'd like
to able to
    run a different script from time to time (e.g. a script which copies
an updated
    cfengine.conf from a repository...)

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm sure I'll have many more questions.
I am impressed with the quality of the documentation.

regards,

John M. Wieczorek
Email:vieczore@rci.rutgers.edu