cfengine help

From: Satyan Persaud
Subject: cfengine help
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:36:29 -0500

Mark,
     My name is Satyan Persaud, I am currently doing my masters at Queens
College, City University of New York.
     I was trying to install cfengine on my HPUX 700 workstation runing
10.20, (name of box is sat5050),  at work.

I went to http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/ , and downloaded cfengine-1.5.3 for
HP-UX 10.20 (binary file).
I installed cfengine, along with flex and bison (required dependencies).

This made /opt/cfengine/sbin /opt/cfengine/doc /opt/cfengine/share/cfengine
subdirectiories.

When I try to run /opt/cfengine/sbin/cfengine, I got the following error:
sat5050: (CFINPUTS is set ot <nothing>)
sat5050: Can't open fiel cfengine.conf

Where do I  put the cfengine.conf file, and what do I need to put in it.  I
tried to copy /opt/cfengine/share/cfengine/cfengine.conf.example to
/opt/cfengine/share/cfengine/cfengine.conf,  but that did not work,

My goal for this project is to show how cfengine works, as in
Software-Practice and Experience, December 1998.

I did the following command and got this text file:
/opt/cfengine/sbin/cfengine  -p -v

(See attached file: cf_type2.txt)

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,