cfengine darwin (MacOS X) patch

From: John Valdes
Subject: cfengine darwin (MacOS X) patch
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 19:05:09 -0500

All,

I've put together a patch (attached below) for compiling cfengine
1.6.3 under MacOS X client (aka Darwin).  To apply, untar the cfengine
1.6.3 sources and then use "patch -p0 < patchfile" from the directory
holding the "cfengine-1.6.3" directory.

One minor compile problem this patch doesn't address: MacOS X includes
OpenSSL (v.0.9.5a), but it doesn't include the openssl include files,
so to compile cfengine, you'll need to download and install (in
/usr/local/include will do) a copy of the headers from ftp.openssh.org
(or http://www.opensource.apple.com//projects/darwin/).  MacOS X also
includes tcp-wrappers, but it doesn't include libwrap nor tcpd.h, so
if you want to include tcp-wrapper support in cfd, you'll need to
download and install tcp-wrappper source too.

I've only done minimal testing of cfengine itself, but so far so good.
I haven't tested cfd at all.  Please test & report any problems to the
list.

Also note: the patch mostly applies to the current cfengine-2.0 alpha,
but cfengine fails to link due to missing drand48() routines.  There
are manpages for this (and related) routine in MacOS X, but I haven't
located yet the library which contains them (if any).

John