Re: feature request

From: Alan Sparks
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:59:28 -0600

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:

> I don't see what is difficult about using the ! sign. Figuring
> out what is "default" is much easier for you than for cfengine.
> You could do this:
>
> classes:
>
>    someclass = ( box1 box 2 )
>    default = ( !someclass )
>
> resolve:
>
>  someclass::
>    1.2.3.4
>
>  default:
>
>    1.2.3.4

Well, other than making up more classes, which adds complexity and might
interfere with class defs in other scripts (there is no scoping to my
knowledge), and doubling the number of classes to actually /do/ the
"default" class (which I wouldn't do cuz of the extra classes... and you
obviously would need different names for each "default"...)
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, Sr. UNIX Administrator     asparks@quris.com
Quris, Inc.                             (720) 836-2058