Re: netconfig not working

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: netconfig not working
Date: 21 Feb 2002 12:15:54 +0100

Right, back to cfengine list.

    >>  Try replacing in ifconf.c :-
    >>
    >> IFR.ifr_addr = *((struct sockaddr *) &netmask);
    >>
    >> with :-
    >>
    >> IFR.ifr_netmask = *((struct sockaddr *) &netmask);

Can somebody who knows this ifreq stuff chime in here.

I checked the 2.4 code and found this in
net/ipv4/devinet.c :-

        case SIOCSIFNETMASK:    /* Set the netmask for the interface */
                if (!capable(CAP_NET_ADMIN))
                        return -EACCES;
                if (sin->sin_family != AF_INET)
                        return -EINVAL;
                break;

and a little later

                case SIOCSIFNETMASK:    /* Set the netmask for the interface */

                        /*
                         *      The mask we set must be legal.
                         */
                        if (bad_mask(sin->sin_addr.s_addr, 0)) {
                                ret = -EINVAL;
                                break;
                        }

                        if (ifa->ifa_mask != sin->sin_addr.s_addr) {
                                inet_del_ifa(in_dev, ifap, 0);
                                ifa->ifa_mask = sin->sin_addr.s_addr;
                                ifa->ifa_prefixlen = inet_mask_len(ifa->ifa_mask
);
                                inet_insert_ifa(ifa);
                        }
                        break;

And this is pratically the same for 2.2 it seems; I don't use this
action myself, has any one else used netconfig on a glibc 2.2 system
running kernel 2.2 and/or 2.4 ?

I am assuming you are using IPV4 Alain ?

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.