Re: Detecting free disk space by percentage?

From: Bas van der Vlies
Subject: Re: Detecting free disk space by percentage?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:31:48 +0100 (MET DST)

On 11-Apr-2002 Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> basv@sara.nl (Bas van der Vlies) writes:
>
>> I had the same problem. I solved it by creating a directory beneath
>> /home, namely cfengine and then it works. I know it is a ugly
>> construction and i think it is a bug! You must also set some
>> cfengine variables else cfengine thinks it is not a 'sensible' directory.
>>
>>  /home/cfengine freespace=10%
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks!, some comments, though:
>
> I tried it and it almost work, I think it is a bug too
> because even if you are checking inside that directory, it doesn't
> change the fact that is "mounted" per cfengine definitions.
>

> Now, I say it almost work, because I tried setting:
>
>    sensiblesize = ( 0 )
>    sensiblecount = ( 0 )
>
> but, sensiblecount has to be ' > 0 ' (per install.c)
>
>    case cfscount:
>                   sscanf(value,"%d",&number);
>                   if (number > 0)
>                      {
>                      SENSIBLEFILECOUNT = number;
>                      }
>                   else
>                      {
>                      yyerror("Silly value for sensiblecount (must be positive
> integer)");
>                      }
>
>                   break;
>

> so if I just create the directory, but don't place any
> files/directories inside it, it won't be sensible for cfengine.
>
> cfengine:myhost: Filesystem /home/.cfengine_freespace has only 0
> files/directories.
> cfengine:myhost: The file /home/.cfengine_freespace does not exist or is
> suspicious.
>

> Did you changed the source code to fix this?

I use the same solution as you have discovered.I put one file in the
directoryto overcome this. So for every filesystem that i checked on freespace
i must create a directory and one file in it!! This is not desirable.

                Regards

*  Bas van der Vlies                     e-mail: basv@sara.nl      *
*  1098 SJ Amsterdam                     WWW:    www.sara.nl       *