Re: dynamis class creation

From: Paul Paradise
Subject: Re: dynamis class creation
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:24:21 -0700

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 11:02:44AM -0700, Bob Van Cleef wrote:
> I want to define a custom class based on the level of OS.  So,
> I wrote a simple little script that checks /etc/redhat-release
> and returns rh60 for red hat 6.0 and rh6.2 for red hat 6.2
> systems, etc.  Now, the question is, "How to use that script to
> define a corresponding class?
>
> It appears that can create a separate line for each class:
>       rh60 = ( "script that returns non-null only on 6.0 system" )
>         rh62 = ( "script that returns non-null only on 6.2 system" )
> which seems counter intuitive.
>
> but there does not appear to be a method for having a script
> that returns the name of the class that you want to define.
>
>       define = ( "script returns name of class that is defined )

What you want is a module, not a script. See page 28 of the printed
tutorial, or here's an appoximate example:

control:

  moduledirectory = ( /some/dir )

  actionsequence = ( module:myscript )

In the output of your script, each line can be like this:

+class1
-class2
=variablename=value

This would define class1 to be true, undefine class2 if it is true,
and set variablename to value.

 Paul Paradise                                  paradise@qualcomm.com
 Interim Engineering Intern, QUALCOMM Incorporated       858.651.6655
 IT Host Services                                             AE-205C