Re: copy purge vs. ignore

From: Chris (Ducky) Chapin
Subject: Re: copy purge vs. ignore
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:08:04 -0700 (PDT)

Ahhhh! Misunderstood your explanation. Unfortunately, I don't think purge
works the way you wish it to.  Ignore is an option to copy, not purge. The
result being things that disappear from the server, and that which is
prevented from coming from the server (via ignore/exclude) get blown away.

My suggestion would be to use symlinks (seems to be my answer to every
file management puzzle, lately =P ):

Copy the shared files to something like /etc/shared.cron.daily. Then use
links to populate /etc/cron.daily and files to clean it up.

===
control:
   actionsequence = ( copy links files )

copy:
   /cron.daily  dest=/etc/shared.cron.daily
      purge=true
      server=<server_name>

links:   # Make links
   /etc/cron.daily +> /etc/shared.cron.daily type=rel

files:   # Remove broken links
   /etc/cron.daily recurse=1 links=tidy act=fixall
===

The added advantage to this method is you can quickly differentiate the
local from the shared files.

-Ducky

--

 Christopher 'Ducky' Chapin                        ducky@qualcomm.com
 Unix Systems Administrator - Qualcomm, Inc.           (858) 651-5433