Re: how exactly does import: work?

From: Adrian Phillips
Subject: Re: how exactly does import: work?
Date: 31 Jul 2002 06:49:53 +0200

    Will> I'm a bit confused by the way the import: directive works.
    Will> * WHEN does importing happen?  Before anything in
    Will> "actionsequence"?  After?  At parse time, wherever in the
    Will> config file the "import:" directive occurs?

    Will> * If I do:

    Will> import: foo.cf

    Will> Which control: stanza (e.g. actionsequence) is used?  The
    Will> one from the current file?  The one from "foo.cf"?

Import happens during parse time so it builds up actions from each
file based upon the classes valid at the time - so classes defined in
an earlier file will be used but a class in an imported file will not
be "usable" in the file that does the importing (assuming I've
understood this correctly); once the parsing is finished then actions
defined by the actionsequences will be run through in the order given
in the actionsequence,

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--