Double-negative class workaround

From: Ryan Anderson
Subject: Double-negative class workaround
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 12:13:11 -0600

An important self-defined class I have is called 'servers' which is made
by yanking a netgroup from NIS. So, my workstation class in cfengine
scripts is simply !servers. My problem now is that there are times when
I want to use two negated classes, and it doesn't work. This is using
cfengine 2.0.4. An example of what I want to do is something like:

==========================
has_foo = ( FileExists(/etc/foo) )

copy:
        !servers.!has_foo::

        !server.has_foo::

The first example doesn't work, but it would be _really_ useful to me
if it did. Is there a simple way around this?

Thanks,

RCA
--
Ryan C. Anderson