Newbie question :(

From: Villalovos, John L
Subject: Newbie question :(
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:02:17 -0700

So I am trying to figure out if I have a webserver installed on my
system using RPM and then set a class/group to that value.

So I am using the ReturnsZero command to run an RPM command to determine
if a I have a webserver installed.

In Red Hat 8 and above the webserver is called "httpd".
In Red Hat 6/7 the webserver is called "apache".

So I need to use the correct package name when doing my rpm command.

I was trying to do something along the lines of:

groups:
        webServer_rh8 = ( redhat_8.( ReturnsZero(/bin/rpm -q httpd) ) )

        webServer_rh7 = ( redhat_7.( ReturnsZero(/bin/rpm -q apache) ) )

        webServer = ( webServer_rh7 | webServer_rh8 )

But this does not work :(

So I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to tell me the best
method for doing this desired goal.

Thanks,
John

John Villalovos

My opinions are my own and NEVER the opinions of Intel Corporation.  I
am but a tiny, insignificant, infinitesimal (1/80000) cog in the giant
machine of Intel :)