Re: Patch cfengine-2.0.7p1

From: Akop Pogosian
Subject: Re: Patch cfengine-2.0.7p1
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 18:30:59 -0700

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:57:02PM +0200, Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:
>  22 May, Dave Love wrote:
> > Mark Burgess <Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no> writes:

> > I forgot that the autoconf testing is currently somewhat inconsistent
> > with the getloadavg implementation.  This should do the trick.  I
> > don't have a sunos2.6 system to try it on.
> >
> > *** pub/getloadavg.c~       Wed May 21 15:26:33 2003
> > --- pub/getloadavg.c        Thu May 22 15:29:09 2003
> > ***************
> > *** 76,81 ****
> > --- 76,85 ----
> >
> >   #include "../src/conf.h"
> >
> > + #ifdef HAVE_NLIST_H               /* What autoconf defines.  */
> > + # undef NLIST_STRUCT
> > + # define NLIST_STRUCT
> > + #endif
> >
> >   #include <sys/types.h>
> >

> I don't really understand this. Solaris has nlist.h but HAVE_NLIST_H
> does not get defined.

I am compiling cfengine 2.0.7p2 on Solaris 2.6 and HAVE_NLIST_H is
defined there. However, NLIST_STRUCT is not defined. Does HAVE_NLIST_H
automatically imply that NLIST_STRUCT should be defined too as the
patch above suggests? Comments in pub/getloadavg.c suggest that
NLIST_STRUCT should be defined when nlist.h exists and nlist n_name
element is a pointer. Both are true on Solaris 2.6.

Also, by the way, I noticed the generated Makefile adds -pthreads
option to CFLAGS.  -pthreads is valid with gcc 3.x only. If this is
intentional, the docs should probably say that gcc-3.x is now required
to build cfengine.

-akop