Re: syncing files....

From: John Gray
Subject: Re: syncing files....
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 13:05:34 -0500

Nate Campi wrote:

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 10:14:10AM +0100, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
Hi,

And note that some packages will not install correctly as long as
cfagent doesn't have a console, for example proftpd and emacs.
Unfortunately, some installs use < /dev/tty, sigh. Oh, and some
packages still use shell read,
I know only about one package that ends up in a endless loop when
pressing all the time return (it's gpm) and gpm is broken anyway.

But in order to install such packet you can add a divertation (look at
FAI).

Does anyone actually have working debian package management examples for
cfengine? It would be nice to have something to start with.
Other than Will's script? Or do you mean sample package lists? I'd be interested in seeing see sample package lists.

We are modifing Will's script to be cfengine class oriented right now. Just a couple of minor changes and we'll having looking for packages according to classes instead according to its farm as the script does now.

John

--
John Gray                           gray@agora-net.com
AgoraNet, Inc.                      (302) 224-2475