Re: Next cfengine article is available

From: Erik Dykema
Subject: Re: Next cfengine article is available
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:51:26 -0400

Mr. Kanies-
        Thanks very much for your articles, I have found them very helpful!
        One question:
        On page 3 of the most recent one, here:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/05/13/distributed_cfengine.html?page=3
        Your cfagent.conf file reads:
# cfagent.conf
control:
    domain = ( ExecResult(/bin/domainname) )
    workdir = ( /var/cfengine )
    configroot = ( /cfengine )
    server = ( server.domain.com )

import:
    cfengine_server::
        cvs.cf
    all::
        sudo.cf

I was wondering if the import section should read:

import:
    cfengine_server::
        cvs.cf
    any::
        sudo.cf

Using 'any' instead of 'all'. I am using cfengine 2.1.5 , and the 'all' class is not defined automatically. Or perhaps the version I am using is too old to be applicable. Either way thanks again!

Erik

Luke A. Kanies wrote:
Hi all,

My second cfengine article has now been published:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/05/13/distributed_cfengine.html

This one goes into much greater depth, although it is still basically a
beginner article.

As always, comments, questions, approbations, and suggestions for later
articles are welcome.

Also, I am currently available for consulting and training.  If you are
looking for help getting cfengine or other automation frameworks installed
and configured, I can help.

Luke

--
Luke A. Kanies
Reductive, LLC --  Unix Infrastructure Consulting