Re: defaultroute

From: Armin Wolfermann
Subject: Re: defaultroute
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:37:55 +0200

* John Borwick <address@hidden> [08.07.2004 14:35]:
> FreeBSD complains:
> [...]
> Assumed interface name: fxp0 one
> Checking interface status...
> Looking at default route...
> cfengine::/var/cfengine/inputs/cfagent.conf:Software error: set default
> route

The non-Linux implementation needs improvement. But I don't know which
way Mark likes it to change: socket routing with RTM_ADD or calling
/sbin/route directly. Stay tuned for a patch...

> Red Hat Workstation 3 silently ignores the failure:
> [...]
> Network interface configuration
> Assumed interface name: eth1 one
> Checking interface status...
> Looking at default route...

I don't have a Redhat to check, but it works on Gentoo:

Looking at default route...
cfengine:back01: The default packet-route is incorrectly set
cfengine:back01: Please correct this manually using route(1).
cfengine:back01: Setting default route
cfengine:back01: /sbin/route add default gw

Armin Wolfermann