Re: Inline macros or plugin

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Inline macros or plugin
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:13:45 -0500

On Monday 23 August 2004 12:47, Mark wrote:
> Chip, thanks for the email...
>
> Unfortunately, both ways won't work. The destination is different.
> Also, the second thing won't work because I have several classes that are
> true in the same run, so the last class that evaluates to true will
> overwrite the variable for all other classes before...
>
> Thanks,

Ugh.

I've got a couple problems like that myself, and I had to approach them the
way Lyndon did-- use a script (m4 template, really) to spit out a file, the
import the file.  Cfengine really isn't a procedural language, so there isn't
a very tidy way to handle that.

My kingdom for a cfengine version of GNU Make's $(patsubst,,) function!

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator