Re: Linux ACLs

From: Philippe
Subject: Re: Linux ACLs
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:50:29 +0200

Mark.Burgess@iu.hio.no wrote:
I have now looked more closely at the Linux ACLs and have decided
that this cannot be supported in the next release of cfengine.

The API is far more complicated than in Solaris and clear information
about it is not easy to find right now. It is not clear whether the
details might change. I don't know why the Linux kernel writers have
created such a difficult API instead of using something compatible
with Solaris, but this is not as simple as I thought it ought to be.

Regardless, I do not want to introduce any instability into 2.1.11
by adding this now.

Mark

Hello Mark

Sad news... I Hope they will be able to clarify that soon.

Philippe