Re: Broken config

From: Eric Sorenson
Subject: Re: Broken config
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:24:50 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Baker, Darryl wrote:

> I have been having a large number of errors lately from cfengine. See
> examples below. One seemed to be self-explanatory on how to fix it
> but that appears to be wrong. I decreased the number of times an hour
> I have a run scheduled from 4 to 2. I also increased the splaytime
> from 5 minutes to 15 minutes . I increased maxconnections to 60 which
> is half the number of machines I have. Even with these changes the
> errors continue. The second error it is not as clear what to look at.
>
> I assume that these are a sign of a broken configuration. Can someone
> with more experience with cfengine give me a clue as to what I should
> look at in my configuration?

This was a problem introduced in 2.1.11, where execution from cfexecd
caused an immediate run of your update.conf, ignoring splaytime. There's
a standalone patch here if you dont want to upgrade:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-cfengine/2004-12/msg00003.html

Or bump up to 2.1.12, where Mark officially fixed the problem in a different
way.

--

 - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -