Re: Mandrake 10.1 patch resubmission

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: Mandrake 10.1 patch resubmission
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:56:57 -0600

Yeah, I mentioned that to Mark off-list.

You're right, of course. The right thing to do is look for an /etc/mandrakelinux-release, and then only search for /etc/mandrake-release if the first file is not found. But for the moment I wanted to change it only a little. I promise to send another patch before 10.2 is out :)

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

Chip Seraphine wrote:

I'm looking for any kind of mandrake that uses the "new" token introduced in 10.1. We don't want to put "Mandrakelinux release 10.1" in there, because then we'd have no chance of future compatability-- we'd like to not have to patch misc.c every Mandrake release if we can avoid it.

Then you have to parse the /etc/mandrakelinux-release file instead, /etc/mandrake-release is just a compatiblity symlink that won't stay indefinitly.

--

Chip Seraphine
Unix Administrator