Re: Understanding output, modifying output, importing groups

From: Brian E. Seppanen
Subject: Re: Understanding output, modifying output, importing groups
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:44:51 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Ed Brown wrote:

> To me, running cfagent as a shellcommand inside of cfagent seems
> unnecessarily convoluted, but maybe there are reasons or advantages I
> don't understand.
>
> Would this do what you need (making some guesses and assumptions, like
> that you really meant servicea where you have service1, and that you do
> have a 'groups:' or 'classes:' action heading in cf.groups):
>
>  - move the 'control:' section to cfagent.conf (just seems like the
> right thing to do)
>
>  - drop 'shellcommands:' section
>
>  - add this 'import:' section to cf.main
> import:
>       servicea::  cf.servicea
>       serviceb::  cf.serviceb

It's a learning experience.   Part of the previous setup was something I
and another person put together, and as I learn more about it often learn
that I do really silly things.   Working on config version 2.0   Coming
along nicely and I'll try out your suggestions.   Sometimes it just helps
to have someone else look at it, and make suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Brian Seppanen
seppy@chartermi.net
608.826.1464