Re: segmentation fault in InitializeLocks

From: Lars Damerow
Subject: Re: segmentation fault in InitializeLocks
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:57:33 -0800

>From Tim Nelson <architect@webalive.biz>, Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:32:57PM
>+1100:
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Lars Damerow wrote:
>
>       What everyone else seems to do is:
> 1.    Add something like "cfagent -q -Dkickstart" to /etc/rc.local
> 2.    Add something to cfengine which removes the above line when the
>       "kickstart" class is defined.
>
>       That does have some disadvantages, but it should mostly cover
> things.
>
>       :)

True, but some of the changes we make require a reboot after they're made; it's
helpful to do that before the first reboot, so that the machine is ready for
work immediately. When you have 300 machines to kickstart, the extra reboot
time adds up fast. :) Thanks for the response, though!

The statically-built cfengine fixes the problem, though, so it's got to be an
errant library.

Is there a way to do a static build using configure flags? I didn't see
anything obvious, so I had to run configure as usual and then tweak the
Makefile to add '-static' to CFLAGS and change '-ldb' into '-ldb-4.2'.

cheers,
lars

--
lars damerow
button pusher

Science Factoid:  The common cockroach shares 99.5 percent of its DNA code
                  with e-mail spammers and telemarketers.