Re: Suggestion: configurable default copy 'type=' value

From: Paul Krizak
Subject: Re: Suggestion: configurable default copy 'type=' value
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 17:07:25 -0500

Awesome!

Ah, the joys of reading!

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, Tx  78741
CAD Systems Engineering             Phone: (512) 602-8775
Paul.Krizak@amd.com

Brendan Strejcek wrote:
How about this:

    http://www.cfengine.org/docs/cfengine-Reference.html#defaultcopytype

Best,
Brendan

--
Senior System Administrator
The University of Chicago

Paul Krizak wrote:

I second this request, but in a more general sense. Perhaps a defaults: section where you could set things like this?

Sounds to me like a version 3 thing, which I don't mind waiting for.

Paul Krizak                         5900 E. Ben White Blvd. MS 625
Advanced Micro Devices              Austin, Tx  78741
CAD Systems Engineering             Phone: (512) 602-8775
Paul.Krizak@amd.com

Martin, Jason H wrote:

Would it be possible to make the default copy 'type' configurable? I'd
like to be able to default all of the copy actions to type=checksum
instead of type=ctime. Having a default value saves me from having to
enter the same data for each stanza and risk forgetting it.

Thank you,
-Jason Martin