Re: Cfshow and version of cfengine

From: Brendan Strejcek
Subject: Re: Cfshow and version of cfengine
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:03:21 -0600

Tim Nelson wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Lionel Ostric wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your answer. But is there any built in method for
> > transferrring data from the client back to the policyhost ?
>
> Only thing that springs to mind is to echo it to a file and use copy
> to copy it back. Hopefully someone has a better idea :).

There is no clean builtin way to do this. I use a central database. You
could run cfservd on all the clients and have the server periodically
use the cfengine network copy protocol to fetch files from the client
to the server, but I think such a configuration makes a setup harder to
reason about. I like to think of a unidirectional data flow, from the
server to the client, for native cfengine operations.

Best,
Brendan

--
Senior System Administrator