Freebsd 5.4 and libcrypto

From: James
Subject: Freebsd 5.4 and libcrypto
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:22:15 -0500

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting to this list. I hope someone can help me. I installed cfengine 2.1.18 on FreeBSD 5.4 using the ports system. I was testing it out, using a server with FreeBSD 6.0, and all was going well using cfagent -v. However, setting up cfexecd -F in cron, I get the following message in my log file:

cfexecd: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypto.so.4" not found, required by "cfagent"

It turns out I have libcrypto.so.3 installed in /usr/lib/. However, running cfagent manually works as planned. Is there anyway to make cfexec work with libcrypto.so.3?

Thanks,
- james