Re: Migrate or ?

From: Atom Powers
Subject: Re: Migrate or ?
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:12:11 -0800

On 28 Feb 2006 09:54:31 -0800, krowton <mark.wolf@gmail.com> wrote:
>The implementation does not use cfservd or
> cfenvd. Nor do we have an update.conf file.  We use CVS to change
> configuration files and then push the configuration out manually.

I would start by creating an update.conf that pulls the files from
CVS, so you don't have to do any of that manual labor. cfengine is all
about automation after all.

> Where should I start? Should I get the current version configured to
> use cfservd, cfenvd and an update file?

Then update your test server to the latest-n-greatest and see what
happens. If there are any issues they will probably be minor and
easily fixed. The nature of cfengine is that it doesn't matter how
many times you run it, you could run it ever hour or ever five
minutes; so it should be easy to test, change, test, change, etc as
often as needed on your test systems.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--