Re: dir perm on /var/cfengine keeps getting reset to 755

From: Mark Burgess
Subject: Re: dir perm on /var/cfengine keeps getting reset to 755
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:05:22 +0100

Jason Martin wrote:
On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 10:52:09AM -0800, stucky wrote:
I had sent this before but maybe I was a little fast cause my list
enrollment confirmation hadn't come in yet.
Now I'm thinking the stuff got lost so I'm sending it again.
Sorry if it shows up twice.

Is cf.preconf resetting the dir permissions?
-Jason Martin

No - cfagent itself controls these permissions at invocation time. It then complains if they
are inadequate to protect the config from regular users.